A new version of Swaks is available for download. This is primarily a bugfix release.
- Project Page: https://jetmore.org/john/code/swaks/
- 20201010.0 distribution: https://jetmore.org/john/code/swaks/files/swaks-20201010.0.tar.gz
- 20201010.0 script only: https://jetmore.org/john/code/swaks/files/swaks-20201010.0/swaks
- v20201010.0 reference: https://jetmore.org/john/code/swaks/files/swaks-20201010.0/doc/ref.txt
- v20201010.0 changelog: https://jetmore.org/john/code/swaks/files/swaks-20201010.0/doc/Changes.txt
- Added .netrc support
- Added –tls-sni option
- Swaks is now available on CPAN as App::swaks
- Swaks will now print errors if deprecated functionality is used
- Automatic file detection is deprecated. Previously, if an argument to –data, –body, –attach-body, and –attach resolved to an openable file, the contents of that file would be used as the actual argument. Now the proper way to do this is to place ‘@’ in front of the argument to state explicitly that the argument contents are in a file.
- If any of the –xclient-* family of options (–xclient-name, –xclient-addr, etc) is provided more than once, only the last option provided will be used. See –xclient option if you need to simulate the previous behavior
- -g option is now deprecated
- Time::Local is no longer used and POSIX is now listed as a required module
Notable Bugs Fixed:
- Fix for subtle issue related to environment variable options. Affected error handling for options which required args.
- Fix issue preventing XCLIENT and STARTTLS from working together properly (#21)
- Fix issue which could cause generated date header to oscillate on the day of DST transition (#17, deb bug 955798)